Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM), established in August 1993 in Jakarta, is a policy advocacy organisation with limited association as its legal entity. To actively participate in the efforts to develop, promote and protect civil and political rights and other human rights, as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), has become ELSAM’s ‘driving’ objective. From the outset, ELSAM has committed itself to developing a democratic political order in Indonesia by empowering civil society through advocacy and promoting human rights.
Currently, ELSAM is looking for a professional, highly motivated person who is able to work individually and as part of the team under different circumstances to join us as:
The qualifications for the Program Officer are:
- Bachelor degree of any disciplines, majoring in law or political science is preferable;
- Adequate knowledge of human rights, experience in human rights advocacy and research is preferred;
- At least 2 years of experiences in managing non-profit organisation, experiences in organising education/training, conducting and supervising research, formulating curriculum and modules, and facilitating education/training will be an advantage;
- Experiences in liaising with the institutions and communities in Papua is required;
- Experiences in handling communication with funding agencies will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a must;
- Proficiency in computer (MS Office, Internet and Web);
- Familiarity with administrative and financial reports;
- Being able to work with less supervision, and under pressure;
- Having good communication skill, good personality and positive attitude.
Applicants with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications should send a letter with CV by email to [email protected] with email subject: Program Officer. Please ensure that the application letter addresses the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is 29 June 2019.