Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM), established in August 1993 in Jakarta, is a policy advocacy organisation with limited association as its legal entity. To actively participate in the efforts to develop, promote and protect civil and political rights and other human rights, as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), has become ELSAM’s ‘driving’ objective. From the outset, ELSAM has committed itself to developing a democratic political order in Indonesia by empowering civil society through advocacy and promoting human rights.
Currently, ELSAM is looking for a professional, highly motivated person who is able to work individually and as part of the team under different circumstances to join us as:
The qualifications for the Program Officer are:
- Bachelor degree majoring in law or political science;
- Experience in liaising with the institutions and communities in remote and isolated communities is required;
- Demonstrating thorough understanding on the issue of human rights
- At least 2 years of experiences in managing non-profit organisation; experience in organising public education/training, conducting and supervising research, formulatingcurriculum and modules, and facilitating education/training will be an advantage;
- Experience in handling communication with funding agencies will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in computer (MS Office, Internet and Web);
- Familiar with administrative and financial reports;
- Advanced in English both oral and written is a must;
- Demonstrating good communication skill, good personality and positive attitude;
- Able to work with less supervision, under pressure, both in a team or as an individual;
- Being open-minded and able to accept diversity and inclusivity;
- Having passion in working in NGO and social activism, highly dedicated and willing to work long term to contribute in organizational development.
Applicants with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications should send a CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: PROGRAM OFFICER PAPUA. Please ensure that the application letter addresses the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is 22 July 2022.