Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM), established in August 1993 in Jakarta, is a policy advocacy organisation with limited association as its legal entity. To actively participate in the efforts to develop, promote and protect civil and political rights and other human rights, as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), has become ELSAM’s ‘driving’ objective. From the outset, ELSAM has committed itself to developing a democratic political order in Indonesia by empowering civil society through advocacy and promoting human rights.
Currently, ELSAM is looking for a professional, highly motivated person who is able to work individually and as part of the team under different circumstances to join us as:
The qualifications for the Researcher are:
- Bachelor or Master degree majoring in law;
- Demonstrating thorough understanding on the issue of human rights especially in the area of human rights policies
- Having comprehensive knowledge on Human Rights instruments
- Having adequate knowledge of research methods and experiences in conducting research utilizing various methods;
- Having more than 3 years professional experiences in NGO;
- Having experiences in implementing, managing, or coordinating program/projects;
- Having competence and experience in writing scientific papers (research paper, policy paper, policy brief, op-ed);
- Demonstrating good communication skill, good personality and positive attitude
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a must;
- Able to work with less supervision, under pressure, both in a team or as an individual;
- Being open-minded and able to accept diversity;
- Having passion in working in NGO and social activism, highly dedicative.
Applicants with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications should send a letter with CV by email to [email protected] with email subject: RESEARCHER. Please ensure that the application letter addresses the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for the applications is 31 March 2020.