Institute for Policy Research and Advocacy (ELSAM), established in August 1993 in Jakarta, is a policy advocacy organisation with limited association as its legal entity. To actively participate in the efforts to develop, promote and protect civil and political rights and other human rights, as mandated by the 1945 Constitution and Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), has become ELSAM’s ‘driving’ objective. From the outset, ELSAM has committed itself to developing a democratic political order in Indonesia by empowering civil society through advocacy and promoting human rights.
Currently, ELSAM is looking for a professional, highly motivated person who is able to work individually and as part of the team under different circumstances to join us as:
LEGAL ADVOCACY STAFF
The qualifications for the Legal Advocacy Staff are:
- Bachelor or Master degree majoring in Law;
- Having comprehensive knowledge on Human Rights/Social Justice;
- Having thorough understanding on the criminal procedural law (having Advocate License is mainly preferable);
- Having more than 2 years professional experiences in NGO;
- Demonstrating good communication skill, good personality and positive attitude;
- Having competence and experience in writing scientific papers and monitoring report;
- Having project management experience, strong organizational skills, and financial skills is highly desirable;
- Fluency in English both oral and written is a must;
- Being able to work with less supervision, and under pressure,
Applicants with relevant experience and appropriate qualifications should send an application letter with CV by email to [email protected] with email subject: LEGAL ADVOCACY STAFF. Please ensure that the application letter addresses the selection criteria. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
The deadline for the applications is 28 September 2018